The No. 13 UCLA Bruins (2-0) and the Fresno State Bulldogs (2-1) take the field in college football action at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. The Bruins () kick things off on September 18, 2021 at 10:45 PM ET on P12N against the Bulldogs ( on the moneyline to win). Oddsmakers have set the game’s point total at .
In this article you’ll find everything you need to know to place a bet on the game, including statistical trends, key metrics and more, as well as updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 15, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
UCLA Vs. Fresno State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
UCLA Offense Vs. Fresno State Defense
|Bruins Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bulldogs Defense|
|41.0 (24)||Points/Gm||13.7 (32)|
|431.0 (53)||Yards/Gm||246.3 (16)|
|204.0 (81)||Pass Yards/Gm||155.0 (28)|
|227.0 (29)||Rush Yards/Gm||91.3 (35)|
|10.7 (8)||Yards/Pass||5.1 (18)|
|5.0 (44)||Yards/Rush||2.4 (19)|
|44.0% (48)||3rd Down %||25.5% (16)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||3 (27)|
|6 (119)||Sacks||7 (4)|
Fresno State Offense Vs. UCLA Defense
|Fresno State Offense||Stats (Rank)||UCLA Defense|
|44.0 (20)||Points/Gm||18.5 (48)|
|527.3 (16)||Yards/Gm||324.0 (57)|
|385.0 (5)||Pass Yards/Gm||286.5 (115)|
|142.3 (84)||Rush Yards/Gm||37.5 (4)|
|10.4 (12)||Yards/Pass||5.8 (41)|
|4.0 (82)||Yards/Rush||1.6 (5)|
|43.9% (49)||3rd Down %||33.3% (51)|
|4 (106)||Turnovers||3 (27)|
|4 (102)||Sacks||4 (19)|
When UCLA Has The Ball
- The Bruins’ pass protection has resulted in six sacks conceded, ninth-most in college football. The Bulldogs’ defense has compiled seven (fourth-most).
- UCLA’s 204.0 passing yards per game ranks 81st in the FBS. Fresno State’s defense gives up 155.0 through the air (28th in college football).
- The Bruins average 431.0 yards per game to rank 53rd in the FBS. They will be facing a Bulldogs defense ranked 16th, giving up 246.3 yards per game.
- UCLA has a 44.0% third-down conversion rate, 48th in the FBS. Fresno State allows third-down conversions on 25.5% of its opponents’ attempts (16th).
When Fresno State Has The Ball
- The 385.0 passing yards per game the Bulldogs average ranks them fifth in the FBS, while the 286.5 the Bruins allow ranks them 115th in college football.
- Fresno State has conceded four sacks to rank 102nd in college football. UCLA’s defense has four (19th-most).
- The Bulldogs have the 84th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (142.3 yards per game). They take on the Bruins’ fourth-ranked rushing defense, which allows 37.5 on the ground per game.
- UCLA has forced three turnovers (27th-most in the FBS), and Fresno State has committed four turnovers (22nd-most in college football).
UCLA Betting Trends And Insights
- The Bruins have been favored by 11.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- The Bruins have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
Fresno State Betting Trends And Insights
- Fresno State has covered in each of its three games with a spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have been an underdog by 11.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- So far this year, one of Fresno State’s games has hit the over.
- Fresno State and its opponents have scored more than 63.5 combined points once this season.
- The Bulldogs lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
UCLA Players To Watch
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson has thrown for 390 yards while completing 52.8% of his passes (19-of-36), with four touchdowns and one interception this year (195.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 16 times for 21 yards, averaging 10.5 yards per game.
- Zach Charbonnet has run for a team-leading 223 yards on 17 attempts (111.5 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He also averages 24.5 receiving yards per game, grabbing two passes for 49 yards.
- So far this year Brittain Brown has rushed for 174 yards on 30 carries (87.0 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- This season Greg Dulcich has four receptions for a team-high 132 receiving yards (66.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Kazmeir Allen has contributed with four receptions for 92 yards and one touchdown.
- Kyle Philips has collected 61 yards on four receptions with one touchdown, averaging 30.5 yards per game.
Fresno State Players To Watch
- Jake Haener has passed for 1,009 yards while completing 73.6% of his throws (67-of-91), with eight touchdowns and zero interceptions (336.3 yards per game).
- Ronnie Rivers has churned out a team-best 162 rushing yards (54.0 per game) and one touchdown. He has tacked on 10 receptions for 128 yards (42.7 yards per game) and one TD.
- Jordan Mims has rushed for 89 yards on 13 carries (29.7 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Joshua Kelly has grabbed 11 passes for a team best 253 yards with two touchdowns. He averages 84.3 yards per game.
- Jalen Cropper’s stat line this year shows 15 catches for 206 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 68.7 receiving yards per game.
- Keric Wheatfall has 148 receiving yards on nine receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 49.3 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from